Have Smoother Skin for the Holidays!
- Stop cleansing with bar soap! This leaves behind a residue that blocks pores. So, choose a cleanser with either alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, or a little salicylic to help balance your skin’s oil production. Be sure to cleanse twice daily to help clear dirt and oil from pores. Try Greatskin’s AHA/BHA Cleanser along with a Clarisonic Brush which cleans your skin 6 times better than with a wash cloth. And, if you have to use a wash cloth, make sure that it is white so dyes from a colored cloth won’t get into your pores.
- Apply a pore minimizer! Dr Brandt’s Pores No More Refiner applied in the AM and Dr Brandt’s Pores No More Anti aging Mattifying Lotion applied at bedtime are musts!
- Be sure to exfoliate three times weekly. Try Peter Thomas Roth’s Unwrinkle Peel Pads. They target so many things to make your skin softer and smoother!
- Always apply a primer before applying foundation. It will smooth your skin out just like a painter smooths his canvas before applying the paint! Peter Thomas Roth’s Unwrinkle Primer is great!
- Always wear SPF30 or higher every day to protect skin. Too much sun breaks down collagen, causing the skin to look less supple. LaRoche Posay’s Ultra Light Fluide SPF60 is the best!
- Drink more water. Sugary drinks can cause excess sebum which can fill and clog pores.
- And, last but not least, don’t squeeze or pick at blackheads. This will only cause oils and bacteria from fingers to enter pores which will only cause spreading and possible infection. Always seek a professional aestheticism’s deep pore cleansing facials for help with that problem.